Fanny Penny, Ojai CA. Design, Currently. [www.fannypenny.com]
• Creating clothing, textiles, and accessories.
• Developing theme, mood, silhouette, color, and texture palette for collection.
• Representing themes through free-hand illustration of designs.
• Rendering technical flats for all designs, attending to construction details.
• Applying knowledge of dye techniques, printing techniques, fiber arts, and other crafts to designs.
Modern Folk Living, Ojai CA. Sales, Currently. [www.modernfolkliving.com]\
• Sales, occasional merchandising, and helping lovely customers.
BCBG Max Azria, Los Angeles CA. Associate Designer in Sportswear Department, 2007-2009.
• Trend research and design.
• Styling in-house photoshoots for look books.
• Monitoring a team of pattern makers and sewers while creating presentation samples and testing garments.
• Building tech-packs and garment summaries with web based program PDM for duplication and production.
• Working with overseas vendors to develop embellishments and appliques for garments.
• Preparing yields, estimates, and production layouts for manufacturing.
• Facilitating duplication of styles for international showrooms.
• Working with fabric, graphics, merchandising, and production departments to further development of deliveries.
• Fulfilling all administrative responsibilities for creative meetings and presentations.
• Initiating processes to help make deadlines.
Stella McCartney Boutique, Los Angeles CA. Sales Associate, 2003-2005.
• Clothing and accessory consignments with stylists and celebrities.
• Creating window and floor displays and organizing inventory.
• Managing sales floor
The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM), Los Angeles CA
Associates of Arts Degree in Fashion Design, 2004 - 2006.
• Design Theory and Presentation
• Pattern making
• History of costume
• Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Developing the theme, mood, silhouette, and color/texture palette of a collection.
• Rendering fashion figures as well as technical flats for all types of apparel/accessories.
• Familiar with dye and printing techniques, weaving, and knitting as well as fabric identification and application.
• Well versed at weaving, jewelry making, shibori, and batik.
• Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop - i.e. rendering technical flats, presentation layouts, mood boards, and illustration.
• Excel, Word, various developmental applications, and the internet.
• Web PDM - creating bills of materials, ordering fabric & trims, etc.
• POS systems used for sales in retail environments.
References and portfolio available if needed.